I’m a huge pill popper, I’ll admit it. I spent my younger years desperately looking for a pill to make me thinner and prettier and whatever else. I should apologize to my body actually. I guess my apology is in the form of the supplements I take now. I take pills now to actually SUPPLEMENT my diet, hence the word supplement, and help my body run as well as it possibly can.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE: I’m not a doctor (obviously) and everyone is different so what works for me might not work for you. This is just a list of the things I have found work really well for me and I am not giving a medical recommendation. This isn’t legally required or anything (I don’t think) but I just wanted to make that clear.
I’d also like to note that many of these were recommended specifically for me by my naturopathic doctor in Austin. (If you’re in Austin and want her info, let me know. She is amazing.) I order all my supplements on Amazon (god bless u prime), with the exception of the Glutathione, which you can only get on their website.
In the morning:
- Right when I wake up I take Rob Keller’s OGF (Original Glutathione Formula). This was recommended to me by my naturopathic doctor. It has a ton of benefits – helps with energy, the immune system, helps eliminate toxins, muscle soreness, etc. It’s also supposed to be anti-aging but whatever. This really helps me with my energy levels, brain fog and my chronic headaches. Basically, this shit owns. Oh and there’s a coupon code that gets you 50% off so there’s that. Coupon code: RKMD-08462
- Chlorella is an extremely nutrient-dense superfood that I take every single day. I currently have the Sunfood Chlorella Tablets. I like that this bag has 900 tablets because I take 10-20 a day (they’re very small, I promise).
After I eat:
- All-time best supplement I have ever taken: Truehope’s EMPowerplus. This is my multivitamin, another great rec from my naturopath. It’s pricy as shit but SOOOOO worth it. I seriously splurged on this even when money was tight because I can feel such a huge difference when I take it. She recommended it for me because my attention span is atrocious and she said it would help me focus. I could say it works because I feel so good when I’m on it but I honestly think the most proof that it works is I can tell a difference if I’m NOT on it. Idk the point is this is best and I love it.
- I always take an Omega 3 supplement. I’ve been taking Nordic Naturals’ Ultimate Omega and I really like it. There are a lot of trash Omega 3 supplements out there so just make sure it’s coming from a quality source.
- So I work out a lot and I have REALLY bad knees and ankles so Redd Remedies’ Joint Health Original is a must for me. I’ve tried so many joint supplements and this is my favorite one so far, especially since most joint supplements are GIANT HORSE PILLS and I just can’t. These are small and you only have to take one and my knees don’t ache so it’s a win.
Sometime in the afternoon:
- I need lots of B vitamins to be functional so I load up on B12 around this time. I like this one by Garden of Life.
- My naturopath told me I need electrolytes everyday so she recommended I drink Emergen-C every day. COOL SIDE EFFECT: all the vitamin C does WONDERS for my skin. They discontinued my favorite flavor but I think this triple berry blast is actually the same thing. Or it’s close.
- I am not much of a nature person so I take vitamin D to make sure I don’t die from not going outside. The Garden of Life Raw Vitamin D is my favorite.
- Magnesium, magnesium, magnesium. I cannot recommend it enough. Almost everyone is magnesium deficient so the benefits to this are ridiculous and you should be taking it. But make sure you’re taking it at night because it’ll probably make you sleepy. BONUS: gives you super cool dreams. I’m serious. I accidentally bought this giant bottle of Nature’s Life Magnesium and I keep it next to my bed so I look like a super pill popper. Whatever. Take magnesium.
So that might seem excessive but it’s what works for me. I’m really only super strict about getting my glutathione, magnesium, and multivitamin if that makes me seem like less of a crazy person. Bonus for taking a bunch of supplements is you drink CRAZY amounts of water without even thinking about it. I also put a bunch of fun stuff in my smoothies but that’s a post for another day.
What supplements do you take? Leave a comment and let me know!